Technical Support Policies and Procedures
TAG's Technical Support Call Center is manned by certified TAG Engineers. To contact our technical support team call 877.TAG.TECH (824-8324), or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Limited Warranty Agreement
This limited warranty is in lieu of all other warranties, express or implied, or statutory, including implied warranties of fitness for a particular purpose and mechantability, and all other obligations or liabilities of the part of Technology Advancement Group, Inc.
Technology Advancement Group, Inc. warrants to the Purchaser that the products purchased will be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use for a period of time of one (1) year from the date of delivery, subject to the following terms and conditions:
- The limited warranty applies only to products purchased from or installed by Technology Advancement Group, Inc. or such other personnel as it may authorize in writing.
- Should any product be found defective in material or workmanship during the term of the Limited Warranty, Technology Advancement Group, Inc. will, in its own discretion, repair or replace the defective part/unit.
- This limited warranty does NOT apply to:
a. Damage caused by any act or omission of any person or entity not an employee or authorized agent of Technology Advancement Group, Inc.
b. Acts of God
c. Damage in transit (all pieces are FOB factory – Delivery by messenger, Federal Express Freight or other approved carrier will be arranged at the request of the Purchaser for an additional charge).
d. Damage to units which have been disassembled, repaired or modified by persons other than those authorized in writing to do so by Technology Advancement Group, Inc.
e. Damage to units upon which the Serial Number or FCC Number have been altered, defaced or erased.
f. Damage to products purchased from Technology Advancement Group, Inc. which is caused by ancillary equipment not provided by Technology Advancement Group, Inc. or its authorized repair personnel.
g. Damage in excess of the Purchase price of the products ordered from Technology Advancement Group, Inc.
h. Technology Advancement Group, Inc. shall not be responsible for any consequential, incidental or punitive damages or attorney’s fees arising out of the Limited Warranty or any implied warranties. Technology Advancement Group, Inc. makes no Warranty or Merchantability or Warranty of Fitness for Purpose for any use.
i. Operational Failures caused by software installation or incompatibility, except where Technology Advancement Group, Inc. installed the software on behalf of the Purchaser.
- Technology Advancement Group, Inc. does warranty, during the term of its Limited Warranty, that any software configuration which can be successfully run on another IBM Compatible with identical equipment and similar technical specifications will successfully run on the TAG® machine.
- The Limited Warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may have different and additional rights, which vary, from State to State. Some States do not allow limitation of damages: this limitation may not apply to you. Should any Court of competent jurisdiction deem any part of this Limited Warranty void, the balance of the Limited Warranty and restrictions will remain in full force and effect. Other rights from Manufacturer’s warranties may also apply.
- The Limited Warranty supersedes any oral representations made by any person on behalf of Technology Advancement Group, Inc. and may only be modified by written amendment signed by the President of the Corporation.
- All damage claims must be received within 48 hours of receipt of a product. Any claims received after the first 48 hours will not be accepted.
The Buyer has five (5) business days from the date of the purchase order to cancel and/or terminate an order with TAG. Cancellation/termination notice must be submitted in writing to TAG within five (5) business days from the date of the purchase order.
If written notification has not been received within five (5) business days from the date of the purchase order, TAG will consider the order to be “binding” and will proceed forward. Cancellation after five (5) business days from the date of the purchase order will be subject to cancellation fees based upon the production stage status at the time of cancellation and/or termination.
In such case where the Federal Government imposes (viii) 52.249-2, Termination for Convenience of the Government (Fixed-Price), TAG reserves the right to review all documentation. Cancellation fees will be based upon the production stage status at the time of cancellation and/or termination.
Standard Commercial Return to Manufacture Authority (RMA)/Shipping Policy
The customer is responsible for all costs associated with returning products to the TAG Dulles, VA site for repair and/or replacement. Upon completion of repairs, TAG is responsible for all return costs associated with shipping products back to customers – providing shipping destinations lie within the Continental United States. TAG will not directly cover costs associated with shipments to destinations outside of the Continental United States. If OCONUS or rapid/accelerated CONUS shipping is desired, customers will be required to provide TAG with account numbers for preferred shipping vendors. All shipping expenses in these instances will subsequently be absorbed by the customer.
Standard Commercial Warranty Repair Time
When a machine is returned to TAG’s corporate location for repair the turnaround time will vary. TAG prides itself on the fact that 85% of warranty repairs are repaired and shipped within 5-7 business days of their arrival at TAG’s corporate location. In extreme circumstances, the machine may take up to a month to repair. This is based on product availability and extensive troubleshooting. If a machine is going to take longer than 5-7 business days, the customer will be contacted and informed of an ETA. TAG’s policy is no advancements after the customer has had the product for 30 days.
Out of Warranty Service
Any service request conducted on an Out Of Warranty (OOW) machine is subjected to TAG’s Initial Failure Analysis (IFA). The complexity of the IFA can vary depending on the accuracy of the information provided by the OOW service requestor. TAG charges a flat-rate diagnostics fee, which may be partly or fully waived depending on the complexity of TAG’s IFA and the actual repair carried out on the OOW equipment.